Friday, November 4, 2011

God Crazy


This is crazy!  Long runs at 2 hours and 45 minutes and long rides at just under 7 hours; on top of long swims that cover 2.4 miles!  It’s called “race rehearsals.”  Why the need?  Because it’s good to know what works and what doesn’t when it comes time to be racing for 12-15 hours, at once.  Crazy or not, it’s smart.  You find new chaffing spots, dial in the proper water and nutrition levels, figure out what pacing allows for the longest possible endurance, and the joy of knowing that it is possible to cover the distance; except for the run, which apparently my coach wants it to be a surprise for me on race day;)

There may be many more surprises for me on November 20 but I’ll be ready when the rehearsals are over and the gun goes off.  In fact, the mental side of race day has already started.  I’ve spent almost 11 months training for this day.  My body is what it is and I’m preparing my mind for the best, the okay, and the worst case scenarios.  I have one more long swim and ride and then two taper weeks.  Wow, it’s getting close!

After all my moaning and complaining (see previous posts), I’m finally content.  Still nervous but God has brought me this far and He will always complete His plans for me.  I have only a limited idea of what the real deal will bring because I can only rehearse so much.  Still, whatever happens, it is my final goal that God will get the glory!  Doesn’t sound too crazy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment