Thursday, January 20, 2011

Do The Right Thing

See, I told you.  It's been "one of those weeks" around here; or as my grandmother would say, "Life is what happens when you make other plans."  I had planned on a full week of workouts but nooooo, life got in the way. Then my wife has to add her own commentary, "You did the right thing."

Training takes sacrifice but not all sacrifice is training.  Squeezing in would have caused me to push aside, so that's when I had to draw the line.  My wife then noticed my perfectionism agitation starting to rise, so she calmly stepped in with her words.  She was right; certain things take precedence over others and it's never worth it to sacrifice the best for the better.  Will my training suffer?  Maybe physically but then again, my physical is a means to an end - to train my spirit to be more and more like Christ.  Doing the right thing will always improve my spiritual side.

No comments:

Post a Comment